Quake III Arena
Quake III Arena is a real-world OpenGL benchmark that we have been using here at TweakTown for quite a while now because it has proven itself to be one of the best gaming benchmarks around to compare a range of different products.
Since both video cards are running the same memory speeds, the differences are not that great. But remember when I told you earlier that we'd see just how well this little gem could push the limits? Well, it is time.
Stock speeds for the Ti4200 series video card are 250MHz core and 500MHz memory. Of course, enthusiasts have long ago discovered that you can gain better performance by forcing these speeds to higher levels. This is where many video cards get their reputation from; their ability to overclock.
When it came time to push this card to the limit, I used the built-in utility that is installed when you add the drivers. It's a tab that shows up under the GeForce4 tab within it's advanced properties. Let me show you exactly what I'm talking about:
For those who are familiar with the CoolBits registry hack, this should be easy to use. Shown above are the default settings for the card. It seems that the little arrows are awfully far to the left. I think we really need to do something about that.
Before I jump right in and show the results this card was able to achieve, let's take a quick look at some other default settings that are out there. This will give us a true picture of how well this board is able to climb. The Ti4400 based cards are set to 275/550. The Ti4600 based cards are set to 300/650. Now let's see how this lowly little Ti4200 can handle some aggressiveness!
WOOHOO! The built-in utility was able to get me to the T4200's best setting, but just barely. It allows you to set maximum values at 315/625, and to be honest, this card will run at these speeds. There were, however, some visual artifacts that appeared during benchmarking, so I backed it off just a bit. The 310/610 shown above allows you to scream faster than a Ti4400 and show no signs of visual irregularities at all.
Remember the 3DMark2001 test that we ran earlier? Let's take another look at it now that we have a little extra power under the hood.
Not too shabby for a video card that can be had for under US$200.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 2 [Specifications]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 3 [In the Box]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 4 [The Card]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 5 [Testing]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 6 [Testing Continued/Overclocking]
- X-Micro T4200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Overwatch Monopoly, action figures are on their way
- Samsung bows out of the Blu-ray player market in the US
- NVIDIA's gaming division bleeds out, revenues down 45%
- AMD rumored to launch 7nm Navi GPUs on 7/7
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage