Intel i845G Overview
The Intel i845G chipset extends the Intel Pentium 4 Processor platform to the next level. The processor interface supports 400MHz and 533MHz Quad-Data Rate (QDR) Front Side Bus operations. The i845G couples PC133 SDRAM support (for value end) and PC1600/2100 DDR SDRAM (for Mainstream). The most significant change to the i845 platform is the incorporation of Intel Extreme Graphics controller, built directly into the i845G Northbridge. The graphics card technology is built once again on Intel's Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT) system. This allows the Video card to automatically select its own required memory for 2D and 3D operations. On initial boot the video system uses only 1MB of system memory for video operations. When required, the video card can increase its memory requirements up to a total of 48MB. This allows for maximum expansion for value graphics.
Finally, after three generations of chipsets using the same ICH2 controller, Intel has updated it and named it ICH4. ICH4 contains 90% of its original ICH2 specifications, however, they have been updated. AC'97 has been updated to rev 2.2 for 6ch audio. USB ports have increased from 4 to 6 ports spanning 3 controllers (similar to VIA's design). Not only are there 6 ports, but they are high-speed USB 2.0 controller ports. That's right, the first commercially integrated USB 2.0 on a Southbridge. Some people might be wondering why is there a ICH2 and ICH4 but no ICH3. Well let me tell you there is and was an ICH3; this was used in Mobile i815 notebooks. Just a bit of trivia.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- onboard LAN MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00 after BIOS update
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam