Intel i845G Overview
The Intel i845G chipset extends the Intel Pentium 4 Processor platform to the next level. The processor interface supports 400MHz and 533MHz Quad-Data Rate (QDR) Front Side Bus operations. The i845G couples PC133 SDRAM support (for value end) and PC1600/2100 DDR SDRAM (for Mainstream). The most significant change to the i845 platform is the incorporation of Intel Extreme Graphics controller, built directly into the i845G Northbridge. The graphics card technology is built once again on Intel's Dynamic Video Memory Technology (DVMT) system. This allows the Video card to automatically select its own required memory for 2D and 3D operations. On initial boot the video system uses only 1MB of system memory for video operations. When required, the video card can increase its memory requirements up to a total of 48MB. This allows for maximum expansion for value graphics.
Finally, after three generations of chipsets using the same ICH2 controller, Intel has updated it and named it ICH4. ICH4 contains 90% of its original ICH2 specifications, however, they have been updated. AC'97 has been updated to rev 2.2 for 6ch audio. USB ports have increased from 4 to 6 ports spanning 3 controllers (similar to VIA's design). Not only are there 6 ports, but they are high-speed USB 2.0 controller ports. That's right, the first commercially integrated USB 2.0 on a Southbridge. Some people might be wondering why is there a ICH2 and ICH4 but no ICH3. Well let me tell you there is and was an ICH3; this was used in Mobile i815 notebooks. Just a bit of trivia.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Jagex showcase Old School RuneScape in-game statistics
- 'The Witcher 3' developers possibly working on Switch title
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- best enhance your flexibility
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!