MSI have always had a good reputation for stability and quality, and this is evident once again in the KT3 Ultra ARU. During our testing, this board never froze on us, unless we pushed the overclocking too hard. Overclocking of the board was a painless affair, while there wasn't as many options as most other boards have, the ones that were present satisfied our needs and allowed for a pleasant overclocking experience.
Features wise, MSI has come up with the goods again - USB 2.0 controller worked like a charm, onboard sound was perfect and RAID was not a problem in the world. We tested the board with onboard peripherals enabled and disabled to see if there was a big performance gap between the two for interest sakes - You loose close to 3% system speed when all are enabled, but this is more than acceptable, considering AC'97 audio drains the system resources by 13% itself.
Layout wise, I would have preferred to see a 6th PCI slot or a ACR slot over the CNR. CNR is an aging standard that we have only seen cards made for but not actually put into practical use on the retail market. In fact I haven't seen AMR, CNR or ACR cards used in any OEM systems, so this really wastes some space in my opinion.
In all, the board was a very delightful board to toy around with and defiantly gets a seal of approval from us.
-Overclocking in reasonable
-CNR slot instead of 6th PCI
-Overclocking options could be a bit more in-depth
-Use of AMI BIOS over Award.
9 out of 10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit