- 300 Watt Power Supply
The Wind Tunnel Plus comes with a 300 watt generic power supply that is ATX 2.01 & 2.03 compliant. The 300 watt power is enough to power my testbed system for TweakTown which includes 2x HDD, 1x DVD and 1x LS-120 as well as all the fans which are included with the Wind Tunnel Plus. For some with overclocked peltier systems or with more drives may find themselves running out of power. So, for an additional price CoolerGuys can upgrade the power supply of the Wind Tunnel Plus with a Enermax 330 watt "Whisper" power supply for an extra US$45.00 or a Enermax 451 watt power supply for an extra US$85.00. If you are intending on adding extra drives or cooling, I'd recommend you considering buying and "upgrading" to a more powerful and better quality Enermax power supply. As I did, be sure to check that the power supply voltage is set correctly to match your country, luckily I did or I would have had to replace a few fried system components. Considering this case is designed for the value market, it's understandable CoolerGuys didn't originally include a high quality Enermax power supply.
- Drive Bays
The Wind Tunnel Plus case features three 5¼ drive bays and three 3½ bays. This means that this case is capable of holding three CDROM size drives and two HDD and one floppy disk drive. This case is not designed to be a server box or one with a RAID setup and it never will be due to limited drive bays. The amount of drive bays in this case are standard and should be more than enough for standard PC users, with standard system configurations.
- Side Panels
Unlike most older AT computer cases, you are able to slide off each side panel separately instead of removing the complete cover like on some cases. This is handy for those of us that often change their system parts around. The panels side freely and are held in place with three case screws.
As you can see from the information above, the Wind Tunnel is full of, mostly, excellent features which we are very pleased with.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz