Now that we have given you a quick introduction to this case and what you get, we will now mention some of the features of the Wind Tunnel Plus.
- Sexy Blowholes!
The Wind Tunnel Plus features two stunning laser cut blowholes. The blowholes have been professional done, this is obviously, they are 100% perfect in shape and size, no person like me could have done this with a circular saw. The blowholes are 92mm in size and are designed to fit two high speed Sunon 92mm case fans & grills. The blowholes are the key feature of this case (in my opinion), without them, this case would be pretty boring in a way. These blowholes certainly got some attention at the last LAN party I attended a couple weeks ago, and so they should.
- Sunon All The Way, well just about...
Apart from the slot cooler, all the fans featured in the Wind Tunnel Plus are high quality, high speed Sunon fans. This company, Sunon, produces the most high quality / high speed / expensive / quiet / reliable fans in the world, and I think it is to the CoolerGuy's credit that they choose these fans, probably at their added expense. The case features two Sunon 92mm case fans & grills which are designed to fit in the two laser cut blowholes, another Sunon 80mm case fan which is position below the 3.5" drive bays. As perviously mentioned, CoolerGuys include a "free" slot cooler which blows air out (of the case) and is positioned in any expansion slot, usually the slot below the graphics card as it is the expansion card which generates the most heat. In total, this case pushes 184 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) of air in surprisingly quiet manor considering the amount of fans and CFM they generate. The slot cooler appears to be generic and has a CFM rating of 42, not bad. it's basically designed to exhaust hot air from inside your case, out of your case. I personally don't think they do a lot, I'm just using one in this case for the purposes of this review. And yes, the fans get dusty after a few weeks of use as you can see in the image above.
- All Edges Are Rounded
One wonderful feature of this case is it's rounded edges, all edges are completely rounded, both inside (metal) and out (plastic). All the sharp metal edges inside the case have been rounded to make it totally safe for you when you are replacing computer components inside the case, unlike other cases I did not once cut myself, because of the nifty rounded edges which I really like - Consider this case, "cut-proof".
- LED / Power and Reset Buttons
Above, we can see the power button, it's not your normal power button. Instead of being on the front of your case, it is position on top of the case. According to CoolerGuys, this feature is designed to prevent accidental power downs. This is the first case I have ever seen with the power button in this position. I think it is a good idea, and you are still able to rest things on top of the case without powering down or entering power saving mode accidentally.
The LED's are standard red and green in color, as you can see in the image above. One thing I don't like about this case is the reset button, it's pretty much impossible to depress it without using a screw drive or pen due to it's very small size. This shouldn't really be a drama for most users, as there computer case is located near or on a desk with pens near by, so your pen can now double as a "reset button depress object".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series