Taking A Closer Look
- Packaging and Software Bundle
As you can see from the above image, the board comes packaged in a rather large, white box that features a small plastic handle, quite similar to the one Abit are using with their AT7 motherboard packaging. I'm not sure how useful this handle will be for the majority of you, as you will most likely be either ordering the board online or carrying it from the store to your car. However, in my opinion it was a smart move marketing-wise because it gives Soyo a bit of free advertising if someone actually does decide to walk up the road carrying the box by its handle instead of placing it in some sort of bag.
Upon opening the box you are greeted with quite a few goodies. These include a detailed User's Manual, a driver CD, three ATA33/66/100/133 cables, a floppy cable, a packet of thermal compound, a bracket that enables the extra onboard sound ports and a 8 in 1 Bonus Pack CD. This CD includes a range of popular utilities, namely Norton Antivirus 2002, Norton Ghost 2002, Adobe ActiveShare, Vcom Autosave, Acrobat ebook Reader, Acrobat Reader, ImageMore and WinDVD.
Also included with the board is a USB panel that can either go into a 3 1/2" or 5 1/4" drive bay. This panel enables four extra USB 1.1/2.0 ports and is very useful for those of you that own a lot of USB devices or just don't want to reach around the back of your case every time you want to install/uninstall a USB device. I will be talking about this panel in greater detail a bit later on in the review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit