Taking A Closer Look
- Packaging and Software Bundle
As you can see from the above image, the board comes packaged in a rather large, white box that features a small plastic handle, quite similar to the one Abit are using with their AT7 motherboard packaging. I'm not sure how useful this handle will be for the majority of you, as you will most likely be either ordering the board online or carrying it from the store to your car. However, in my opinion it was a smart move marketing-wise because it gives Soyo a bit of free advertising if someone actually does decide to walk up the road carrying the box by its handle instead of placing it in some sort of bag.
Upon opening the box you are greeted with quite a few goodies. These include a detailed User's Manual, a driver CD, three ATA33/66/100/133 cables, a floppy cable, a packet of thermal compound, a bracket that enables the extra onboard sound ports and a 8 in 1 Bonus Pack CD. This CD includes a range of popular utilities, namely Norton Antivirus 2002, Norton Ghost 2002, Adobe ActiveShare, Vcom Autosave, Acrobat ebook Reader, Acrobat Reader, ImageMore and WinDVD.
Also included with the board is a USB panel that can either go into a 3 1/2" or 5 1/4" drive bay. This panel enables four extra USB 1.1/2.0 ports and is very useful for those of you that own a lot of USB devices or just don't want to reach around the back of your case every time you want to install/uninstall a USB device. I will be talking about this panel in greater detail a bit later on in the review.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz