At the end of the day, the Intel Pentium 4 with a 533MHz FSB is a full-on jump in the right direction for Intel. This new advancement allows for the current Pentium 4 line to gain extra ground over existing P4's, upcoming P4 Celeron's and the Athlon XP, which is still stuck on a 2.1GB/s bandwidth.
The overall increase of the system bandwidth allows for faster memory (especially with DDR-400 and above being released). Intel has moved towards a light they never seem to have seen before. Intel has stated that the i850E is only a temporary solution to the Pentium 4 533FSB CPU. Intel has made its move away from RDRAM and this has proven to be a big seller now, especially in the OEM market. With DDR-SDRAM and i845D going into Compaq, IBM and HP computers, it's good to see this standard take off.
On the negative side of things, we only found one flaw; Price. Pentium 4 2.4GHz CPU's are retailing at over $1200 AUD, resulting in a massive cost if you want to put together a high-speed Pentium 4, and driving up the costs if OEM's want to use this same chip.
Upcoming DDR support
Very expensive for a CPU
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 3 [Features]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 4 [The Gallery]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System and Sandra]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 6 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 7 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 8 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- Intel Pentium 4 @ 533FSB - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Vivendi postpones Ubisoft takeover
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ