Overall, I was very pleased with the Alpha PAL8942. It performed quite admirably and was a significant improvement over the stock Intel cooler. That said, this performance certainly does come at a cost. The fan supplied with the cooler was very loud and you should really hear it for yourself before purchasing the unit with such a large fan. Most resellers give you a wide variety of fans to choose from, however, the smaller, quieter fans will obviously give you slightly less performance.
At a price of US$39.95, the Alpha PAL8942 is certainly one of the cheaper Socket478 coolers out there, with the reason for this being that it is made mostly out of aluminium. The bottom line is, if you're an overclocker and are looking for one of the best air-cooling solutions out there for your Pentium 4, you really can't go wrong with the Alpha PAL8942.
* High performance
* Relatively low cost
* Copper insert in base
* Fairly easy to install
* Installation requires you to remove the motherboard
* Fan is very loud
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard