- Test System
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2GHz
Motherboard: DFI NS70-EL
Memory: OCZ 256MB PC2100 DDR SDRAM
Video Card: Prolink Pixelview GeForce3 XX-Player
Hard Disk: Quantum Fireball Plus LM 15GB 7200RPM
Case: Lian-Li PC65
Operating System: Windows 2000 Professional
Software Used: Winbond Hardware Doctor
To measure temperatures I used Winbond's Hardware Doctor application that comes bundled with most Abit motherboards. I measured idle and full load temperatures, and SiSoft Sandra's burn-in feature was used to make sure the processor was running at full load. I then compared these results to my stock Intel heatsink/fan unit that comes with the Pentium 4 processor.
These results certainly prove that if you are an overclocker or just like to keep a cool system, you should always upgrade from the stock cooler that comes with your processor. The Alpha PAL8942 managed to significantly outperform the stock Intel cooler in both idle and load conditions. The largest performance increase, however, was seen under load where both units are really pushed to the limit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bungie is satisfied with Destiny 2 even if Activision isn't
- Microsoft vows to fix Windows Store for better PC gaming
- GIVEAWAY: Two awesome Antec chassis prize packs up for grabs
- Everything you need for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Ronald McDonald 'will not' be in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch