In all, the Gigabyte GA-8SIML is a reasonably good performer for the value P4 market, though really how can you have a value P4 market with the CPU costing the most out of the entire system. Looking at setting up a P4 system with 256MB RAM, 40GB HDD, P4 1.8AGHz you are looking at around retail (AUD) $190 for a Seagate Barracuda 40GB HDD, $200 for the board, $150 for 256MB DDR SDRAM and a whopping $460 for the CPU. That's a bit steep. With rumors of the P4 Celeron (cheaper version of the P4), this board could be an alternative providing the P4 Celeron is 478-pin.
Moderately priced for budget board
Lack of AGP or DIMM voltage adjustments
Very little overclocking with available options
Some compatibility problems with external PCI cards on PCI #3
Rating - 7/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ first DLC unlocks Broly, Bardock
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit