When all is said and done, we have exactly what the manufacturers claim. We have a device that can keep your hard drive running cooler, and we have a device that can reliably monitor system temperatures in two different locations. Take into consideration that all of this is accomplished from a single 5.25" drive bay, and we have something special here.
While the fan could have been a bit more powerful, Thermaltake chose to keep their product on the quiet side. It is doubtful that you will even hear this fan running, and this is with it sitting right up front with no buffers to keep it quiet. The results will still manage to prolong the life of your hard drive, and the pair of thermal probes on the front of the case are very convenient.
From a value standpoint, let's consider the fact that I managed to find one of these units for sale online for US$37. A pair of thermal probes by themselves would cost you at least $25-30, so you're not going to be paying through the nose for something just because it is a new concept.
Bottom line... If you have recently bought a newer hard drive and don't have any cooling in place, then you should consider this kit for that reason alone. Add to this the two thermal probes that can be attached to anything in the case, and you have a very nice piece of equipment.
Two thermal probes
Front mounted displays
Manual is lacking
Probes cannot be turned off
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit