Some Assembly Required
Though the HardCano unit doesn't come fully assembled, it's a very simple matter to fix that. One small bad point here is the included instructions. There are no real written instructions, and the pictures are rather fuzzy. This made for some interesting trial and error on my part, but there shouldn't have been. The installation was too simple for my little brain to grasp, so I had all kinds of strange setups going with this kit. But to show you how easy it is to put this device together, just take a look at this...
Put the rail on the outside of the aluminum housing and insert one screw per side. That's it. I kept trying to use the two holes shown at left, but they are for the use of a rail system for cases (like mine) that use this type of installation method for optical drives. It seems that I forgot the oldest of adages; KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid).
From here, the addition of the hard drive was a simple matter of adding four screws. You'll notice that the drive itself sits squarely behind the fan so it can get the full benefit of the airflow. Next up is installing the rail system. If your case doesn't use rails, then you can ignore this next step.
Now that the rails are on this little gem, we can mount it into our case. Of course, if you don't have a rail system, then you've already done that.
Well, we've nearly finished the installation. All that remains is to attach the thermal probes to whatever you desire and hook up the power to the fan. That is all there is to the installation. Pretty simple process if you ask me.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard