With every generation of ASUS board, they improve themselves. This is where we really see this statement in effect. ASUS have added just about ever feature under the sun; USB 2.0, RAID, Firewire, Hardware audio, overclocking options that matter and even Flash memory reader/writer chips. Add to this it's performance in the benchmarks, its diagnostic systems, its ability to go beyond what it was originally designed to do, and you have an extreme board that is worthy of the ASUS name.
We did find one problem with this board. Using the drivers supplied to us on the ASUS CD, if we plugged in the Audigy and used the onboard Firewire at the same time, the two devices would kill out in Windows XP if you tried to transfer data across either of the Firewire buses. The latest drivers from Texas Inst. fixed this up, so there is no worries on that front.
Uses CD revision chipset limiting overclocking
Needs new BIOS for memory optimization.
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard