With every generation of ASUS board, they improve themselves. This is where we really see this statement in effect. ASUS have added just about ever feature under the sun; USB 2.0, RAID, Firewire, Hardware audio, overclocking options that matter and even Flash memory reader/writer chips. Add to this it's performance in the benchmarks, its diagnostic systems, its ability to go beyond what it was originally designed to do, and you have an extreme board that is worthy of the ASUS name.
We did find one problem with this board. Using the drivers supplied to us on the ASUS CD, if we plugged in the Audigy and used the onboard Firewire at the same time, the two devices would kill out in Windows XP if you tried to transfer data across either of the Firewire buses. The latest drivers from Texas Inst. fixed this up, so there is no worries on that front.
Uses CD revision chipset limiting overclocking
Needs new BIOS for memory optimization.
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen APU spotted with Radeon Vega M graphics
- Apple CEO: quality AR impossible with today's technology
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard