Performance and feature-wise, the Abit NV7-133R is a very decent board. Its plethora of integrated features such as 6 channel Dolby 5.1 sound, 10/100 NIC and USB 2.0 make it ideal for those looking at building a low cost Athlon/Duron based system. With performance that is on par with the Abit KR7A-RAID (KT266A), it is also one of the highest performing boards for the Athlon platform.
That said, I had a few major complaints about this board. Firstly, the placement of the ATX power connector forces cabling over your heatsink/fan unit, which could restrict airflow and thus, hinder overclocking. The NV7-133R also lacked many overclocking features that have become a standard on most newer motherboards, especially ones from Abit.
The bottom line is, if you are looking for a high performing, feature rich motherboard, the Abit NV7-133R is a very capable board, however, if you are an enthusiast or overclocker, I suggest that you steer clear of the NV7-133R and purchase a KT266A motherboard such as the Abit KR7A.
6-channel Dolby 5.1 sound
Bad ATX power connector placement
Lack of standard overclocking options
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 7 [Benchmarks Cont.]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit