Performance and feature-wise, the Abit NV7-133R is a very decent board. Its plethora of integrated features such as 6 channel Dolby 5.1 sound, 10/100 NIC and USB 2.0 make it ideal for those looking at building a low cost Athlon/Duron based system. With performance that is on par with the Abit KR7A-RAID (KT266A), it is also one of the highest performing boards for the Athlon platform.
That said, I had a few major complaints about this board. Firstly, the placement of the ATX power connector forces cabling over your heatsink/fan unit, which could restrict airflow and thus, hinder overclocking. The NV7-133R also lacked many overclocking features that have become a standard on most newer motherboards, especially ones from Abit.
The bottom line is, if you are looking for a high performing, feature rich motherboard, the Abit NV7-133R is a very capable board, however, if you are an enthusiast or overclocker, I suggest that you steer clear of the NV7-133R and purchase a KT266A motherboard such as the Abit KR7A.
6-channel Dolby 5.1 sound
Bad ATX power connector placement
Lack of standard overclocking options
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 7 [Benchmarks Cont.]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA quietly intros new GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5X
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam