The NV7-133R features a slot layout of 5 PCI, 1 AGP and 3 DIMM. For most of you, the 5 PCI slots will be more than enough to house all of your devices, especially considering the fact that many of the PCI devices you would own are already integrated onto the motherboard. An important thing to note is that Abit has decided not to include any ISA, CNR or AMR slots on the NV7-133R. This was a smart decision in my opinion as not many people own hardware that require these slots anymore and they just take up space on the motherboard that can be used for other things.
Another thing to note is that there is plenty of room around the CPU socket for any exotic heatsinks you may have. There are also four holes placed around the socket that enables you to install heatsink/fan units that require mounting holes rather than the conventional mounting mechanism.
The ATX power connector is located behind the onboard sound ports. This is an awkward position because if not tied down, the power cables can run over the top of the heatsink/fan unit, restricting airflow and thus hindering overclocking. This factor is not usually overlooked by Abit and I am quite disappointed that they did not pick up on this error and fix it.
The NV7-133R also features a 3-phase power solution, as indicated by the MOSFETs in the below picture. This reduces heat generated by the voltage regulators for the CPU, because instead of using two voltage regulators (to convert the 5v to 1.7v) it uses 3 of them, allowing more wattage and amps to pass through without heating up the regulators, capacitors and mosfets. This is similar to that of the Pentium 4, so make sure that you have a Pentium 4 compliant PSU with an ATX12V connector if you decide to purchase this board.
The IDE and Floppy connectors were well placed so that the cables do not get in the way of the PCI slots or any other important areas of the motherboard. Apart from the bad placement of the ATX power connector, the layout of the NV7-133R was quite good.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 3 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 4 [Layout]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 5 [Features]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 6 [Benchmarks]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 7 [Benchmarks Cont.]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 8 [Overclocking]
- Abit NV7-133R - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit