After running this mini-might through the gauntlet, I think that it managed to do a pretty good job. Even though it uses smaller fans, it still manages to give a very acceptable performance when it's put under pressure. It has found a very nice compromise between cooling and noise level.
The only real drawback I can see to this HSF is the clipping mechanism. Though it does manage to keep the cooler firmly attached to the processor, the fact that there is enough play room makes it necessary to make a physical adjustment before seating the heatsink. I think that if the clip were just a bit narrower, then this wouldn't be an issue. It's a simple fix, but it still gnaws at me a bit.
Bottom line...If you're the type of person who is sick and tired of the noise that comes from performance coolers, then take a look at this model. Though pricing isn't yet available, it is looking like it will be marketed at a very competitive price. It features a very nice performance/noise ratio, and will manage to look good in a windowed case too.
Very smooth base
Good cooling performance
Rating - 8.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard