The Radeon chip isn't really known for its overclocking, simply because its highly clocked itself. Despite this and with the extra cooling Gigabyte added, we were able to clock the core to 310MHz, a record for GPU clocking for us.
As for the memory, Hynix is known for its ability to push the limits and again this is no exception. Due to the extra cooling and lower latency, we got a memory speed of 310MHz (that's 620 DDR). Impressed? We were.
the ATi video cards have always copped a load of flack due to bad 2D quality when ATi sold their chips to integrators like ASUS and Gigabyte. This has somewhat changed with the introduction of internal filters and increased knowledge of the ATI specs. The latest ATi video cards from 3rd party companies have come out stronger then ever before.
Gigabyte have done a fantastic job with this card. Only due to ATi's OpenGL shortcoming did this card fall behind nVidia's Geforce3 Ti500 card. The ability to take out the Geforce 4 MX card makes this an ideal choice for an nVidia alternative.
Cheaper than nVidia
Lacks OpenGL performance
Drivers for ATi are a little outdated
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit