The Radeon chip isn't really known for its overclocking, simply because its highly clocked itself. Despite this and with the extra cooling Gigabyte added, we were able to clock the core to 310MHz, a record for GPU clocking for us.
As for the memory, Hynix is known for its ability to push the limits and again this is no exception. Due to the extra cooling and lower latency, we got a memory speed of 310MHz (that's 620 DDR). Impressed? We were.
the ATi video cards have always copped a load of flack due to bad 2D quality when ATi sold their chips to integrators like ASUS and Gigabyte. This has somewhat changed with the introduction of internal filters and increased knowledge of the ATI specs. The latest ATi video cards from 3rd party companies have come out stronger then ever before.
Gigabyte have done a fantastic job with this card. Only due to ATi's OpenGL shortcoming did this card fall behind nVidia's Geforce3 Ti500 card. The ability to take out the Geforce 4 MX card makes this an ideal choice for an nVidia alternative.
Cheaper than nVidia
Lacks OpenGL performance
Drivers for ATi are a little outdated
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- GeIL add the Super Luce RGB Lite Series to their range
- Ethereum could replace Visa networks, even game servers
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower