Gigabyte are more well known for their motherboards than anything else. It came as a surprise to me that they had their own line of video cards, network equipment, Broadband connections (DSL and cable modems) and yes, even high end storage solutions. This truly is a diversified company.
Gigabyte did start pretty late in the video card sector, some would say too late. Focusing on the TNT2 and above video cards was a hard task to sell considering most of us were too wrapped up with ASUS, Diamond and Hercules at this time. Gigabyte's nVidia line extended all the way to the Geforce 3. Not having much success selling nVidia cards, the company decided to scrap their nVidia line and go with one of the other two major 3D vendors, ATi or Kyro. After months of research and testing each of the two prospective company's offerings, Gigabyte settled on ATi for their 3D power. Since this decision Gigabyte have produced over seven separate cards based on different ATi chips and supporting many different features.
Today, thanks to Gigabyte themselves, we have in our hands the AP64D-H Radeon 8500 flagship 3D card from the Gigabyte labs. Let's take a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit