Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2GHz (20x100)
Motherboard: DFI NS70-EL (SiS645DX)
Memory: Kingmax 256MB DDR333, Mushkin 256MB DDR266
Video Card: Prolink Pixelview GeForce3
Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster Audigy Platinum eX
Hard Disk: Quantum Fireball Plus LM 15GB ATA100
Power Supply: AOpen 300watt
Heatsink/fan Unit: Stock Intel
Due to the fact that aluminium dissipates heat much better than steel, it is safe to say that an aluminium case will result in cooler temperatures than a regular steel case. To test this theory, I compared the Lian-Li PC30 to a AOpen HX45. Temperatures were taken whilst the system was under full load. Please keep in mind when viewing the results that the HX45 is a mid-tower case and the PC30 is a mini-tower case.
As you can see, the Lian-Li PC30 gave much lower temperatures than my steel AOpen HX45 case. The difference doesn't seem like much from the graphs, but to get that big a difference in temperatures just from changing the case is very good and definitely handy for overclockers.
There are no sharp corners inside the case, and for once I would have to say that I incurred no injuries whilst installing my system. No cuts, no scratches, nothing. All Lian-Li cases I have worked with have been well built and easy to work with, which is why I continue to use Lian-Li cases to house my main systems. As mentioned earlier, the thumbscrews and removable motherboard tray also play a large part in making installation as easy as possible.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit