In the past, Cyrix have made some blunders and a few successes. With the take over form VIA it looks as if the C3 CPU's have picked up a new racket and have come back into play. While these benchmark score don't seem all that impressive to us, we have to remember that this CPU is intended to replace the old K6-2 line of CPU and not to compete with AMD Duron or Intel Celeron. While VIA didn't want us to overclock the Samuel2 core, we did overclock the Samuel 1 core, the overclockability of even this old chip is quite remarkable, we managed to get our 650Mhz up to 800Mhz using the 133MHz FSB. We tested out VIA's claim that this CPU and run (unoverclocked) fanless, we placed a Global Win FOP-32 cooler with the fan disabled on the CPU and it to our delight, without a hitch - no lockups, BSOD's or GPE's. We attempted to run it fanless at overclocked speeds but anything over the default would instantly crash in Windows. With all this said and done the VIA C3 CPU did live up to what it claimed to do, stability has improved, performance has increased dramatically and overclockability has improved over the original Cyrix line, not that VIA would have to do much to make an improvement, after all, the old M2 processor wouldn't overclock at all. let's see some value 1Ghz VIA C3's, VIA
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's next-gen foldable smartphone to launch early 2019
- Microsoft teases 'all-new Xbox hardware' at Gamescom 2018
- TSMC expecting Q4 2018 growth from next-gen GPUs from NVIDIA
- Borderlands 3 may still be a ways off
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit