In the past, Cyrix have made some blunders and a few successes. With the take over form VIA it looks as if the C3 CPU's have picked up a new racket and have come back into play. While these benchmark score don't seem all that impressive to us, we have to remember that this CPU is intended to replace the old K6-2 line of CPU and not to compete with AMD Duron or Intel Celeron. While VIA didn't want us to overclock the Samuel2 core, we did overclock the Samuel 1 core, the overclockability of even this old chip is quite remarkable, we managed to get our 650Mhz up to 800Mhz using the 133MHz FSB. We tested out VIA's claim that this CPU and run (unoverclocked) fanless, we placed a Global Win FOP-32 cooler with the fan disabled on the CPU and it to our delight, without a hitch - no lockups, BSOD's or GPE's. We attempted to run it fanless at overclocked speeds but anything over the default would instantly crash in Windows. With all this said and done the VIA C3 CPU did live up to what it claimed to do, stability has improved, performance has increased dramatically and overclockability has improved over the original Cyrix line, not that VIA would have to do much to make an improvement, after all, the old M2 processor wouldn't overclock at all. let's see some value 1Ghz VIA C3's, VIA
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz