VIA C3 Overview
The VIA C3 (Samuel 2) CPU is designed for the value PC. It supports all major x86 decode instructions, which we see in current Intel and AMD processors. This new CPU is aimed for Internet, office and very light gaming. Featuring a highly efficient Dynamic Power Caching Architecture, the VIA Cyrix 3 processor provides the optimum balance of performance and low power consumption for Information PCs, notebooks and Information Appliances, while retaining the flexibility and upgradability afforded by full plug-in compatibility with the Socket 370 interface.
Running at speeds of 500MHz to 7507MHz, the VIA C3 processor is primed to optimise your Internet computing experience with enhanced features such as a 128KB full-speed Level 1 cache, 64KB full speed Level 2 cache and a 100/133MHz Front Side Bus. Multimedia performance is further boosted by the processor's support for 3DNow! and MMX technology.
The VIA C3 processor was designed by VIA's Centaur Technology Team located in Austin Texas, and is built using a state-of-the-art 0.15 micron fabrication process, which maximizes processor core speeds while minimizing power consumption. The VIA C3 processor uses a core voltage of 1.5v which allows the VIA C3 CPU to run virtually cold. VIA C3 CPU's can be run in a system without the need for a fan on the processor, this means you can have your computer running virtually silent. Because of this, the VIA C3 has become a mobile solution due to its low power consumption and excellent head dissipation.
VIA Cyrix 3 Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard