VIA C3 Overview
The VIA C3 (Samuel 2) CPU is designed for the value PC. It supports all major x86 decode instructions, which we see in current Intel and AMD processors. This new CPU is aimed for Internet, office and very light gaming. Featuring a highly efficient Dynamic Power Caching Architecture, the VIA Cyrix 3 processor provides the optimum balance of performance and low power consumption for Information PCs, notebooks and Information Appliances, while retaining the flexibility and upgradability afforded by full plug-in compatibility with the Socket 370 interface.
Running at speeds of 500MHz to 7507MHz, the VIA C3 processor is primed to optimise your Internet computing experience with enhanced features such as a 128KB full-speed Level 1 cache, 64KB full speed Level 2 cache and a 100/133MHz Front Side Bus. Multimedia performance is further boosted by the processor's support for 3DNow! and MMX technology.
The VIA C3 processor was designed by VIA's Centaur Technology Team located in Austin Texas, and is built using a state-of-the-art 0.15 micron fabrication process, which maximizes processor core speeds while minimizing power consumption. The VIA C3 processor uses a core voltage of 1.5v which allows the VIA C3 CPU to run virtually cold. VIA C3 CPU's can be run in a system without the need for a fan on the processor, this means you can have your computer running virtually silent. Because of this, the VIA C3 has become a mobile solution due to its low power consumption and excellent head dissipation.
VIA Cyrix 3 Specifications
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus G: AMD Ryzen CPU, GeForce GTX graphics
- Microtransactions drive Xbox's Q3 earnings
- Witcher 3's story lives on thanks to custom quest mods
- Buying every Mortal Kombat 11 skin costs $6,440
- Cheaper Switch model coming in June, sources say
- Fitbit Versa Lite Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)