While in the past we have given the Pentium 4 some harsh criticism for its lackluster performance compared to the AMD Athlon XP using slower clocks speeds, there is no doubt that Intel has proven to itself that MHz can count for quite a bit. When the Intel P4 uses SSE2 to augment its slower ALU units, the AMD Athlon XP is out-classed. While the overclockers and hardcore users know about AMD and its Performance Rating system, OEM's and end users do not and prefer to have a name rather than a PR system. This is what has kept Intel on top of the CPU market and shows with a 2.4GHz CPU well before AMD has even a 2GHz processor out.
On its overclocking skills, the Pentium 4 Northwood core is unmatched. 0.13 micron process allows for lower voltages and greater speeds as we have seen earlier on, and with this being just the beginning of the P4 Northwood, we are guaranteed some remarkable CPU's from Intel very shortly.
Built-in thermal diode
No extra logic circuits needed for CPU thermal protection
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Zombieland 2 confirmed, all actors/writers return for sequel
- AORUS announces its first PSUs, RGB is missing... for now
- Ferrari designer building $2 million electric hypercar
- Opera is the first browser with a built-in crypto wallet
- Samsung announces 8Gb LPDDR5, ready for the world of 5G/AI
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- iStorage diskashur DT2 12TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit