While in the past we have given the Pentium 4 some harsh criticism for its lackluster performance compared to the AMD Athlon XP using slower clocks speeds, there is no doubt that Intel has proven to itself that MHz can count for quite a bit. When the Intel P4 uses SSE2 to augment its slower ALU units, the AMD Athlon XP is out-classed. While the overclockers and hardcore users know about AMD and its Performance Rating system, OEM's and end users do not and prefer to have a name rather than a PR system. This is what has kept Intel on top of the CPU market and shows with a 2.4GHz CPU well before AMD has even a 2GHz processor out.
On its overclocking skills, the Pentium 4 Northwood core is unmatched. 0.13 micron process allows for lower voltages and greater speeds as we have seen earlier on, and with this being just the beginning of the P4 Northwood, we are guaranteed some remarkable CPU's from Intel very shortly.
Built-in thermal diode
No extra logic circuits needed for CPU thermal protection
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Blizzard ban World of Warcraft cheaters
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard