To sum things up, I was very pleased with most aspects of the DFI NS70-EL motherboard. It provided excellent performance, great features (onboard LAN, ATA133, sound), and most importantly, was very stable. The only complaints I had about the board were the bad placement of the ATX power connectors, lack of USB 2.0 and lack of voltage adjustments in the BIOS. Even without voltage adjustments, the board managed to overclock very nicely and its support for a 533MHz FSB will provide a lot of overclocking headroom for those of you with northwood based Pentium 4 processors.
As you saw from the benchmark results, unlike the AMD Athlon, the Intel Pentium 4's 400MHz (100MHz quad-pumped) bus can definitely take advantage of the extra memory bandwidth DDR333 provides over DDR266. The NS70-EL, equipped with Kingmax DDR333 memory managed to outperform the DDR266 equipped Abit BD7-RAID in all benchmarks.
Overall, I have no trouble recommending the DFI NS70-EL motherboard to anyone looking at upgrading in the near future. At a price of just under US$70, it is also one of the cheapest motherboards on the market.
Extremely low price
Onboard 10/100 LAN
Great overclocking results
Bad ATX power connector placement
Lack of USB 2.0
Lack of voltage adjustments
Rating - 9/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next drivers will include OSD performance monitoring
- HP's new server rocks AMD EPYC CPUs, already breaks records
- PowerColor RX Vega 64 Red Devil: factory overclocked Vega
- EVGA unveils single-slot GTX 1080 Ti KINGPIN Hydro Copper
- Tencent the first Chinese company worth over $500 billion
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ