The first conclusion we can draw from this review is that, on an AMD Athlon system, there is no performance difference between DDR333 and DDR266 memory. This is because the Athlon's front side bus cannot make use of the extra memory bandwidth DDR333 provides. This is also why the Abit KR7A-RAID and the Soltek 75DRV5 performed so close in all tests.
The Soltek 75DRV5 itself was quite fast and very stable, however, its poor overclocking features, lack of USB 2.0 and RAID make it hard for me to recommend over previous KT333 boards we've tested. That said, the 75DRV5 came with one of the most extensive software bundles I've seen and the Anti-Burn Shield II feature was a very nice addition for those that are worried about their processor burning up in the event of a fan or heatsink failure. The 75DRV5's unique Redstorm Overclocking feature is also decent for those that are new to the overclocking scene.
Overall, if you do not think you'll be needing RAID or USB 2.0 support, and are not expecting to do any extreme overclocking, then the Soltek 75DRV5 is quite decent. However, as you have seen from our past KT333 coverage, there are better options out there. At a price of $AUD242 the board is also relatively inexpensive, but not as cheap as I have come to expect from Soltek.
Excellent software bundle
Anti-Burn Shield II
No USB 2.0
Overclocking could have been better
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Diablo III once resembled Diablo II
- Final Fantasy XIV's new expansion is called Shadowbringers
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions