The first conclusion we can draw from this review is that, on an AMD Athlon system, there is no performance difference between DDR333 and DDR266 memory. This is because the Athlon's front side bus cannot make use of the extra memory bandwidth DDR333 provides. This is also why the Abit KR7A-RAID and the Soltek 75DRV5 performed so close in all tests.
The Soltek 75DRV5 itself was quite fast and very stable, however, its poor overclocking features, lack of USB 2.0 and RAID make it hard for me to recommend over previous KT333 boards we've tested. That said, the 75DRV5 came with one of the most extensive software bundles I've seen and the Anti-Burn Shield II feature was a very nice addition for those that are worried about their processor burning up in the event of a fan or heatsink failure. The 75DRV5's unique Redstorm Overclocking feature is also decent for those that are new to the overclocking scene.
Overall, if you do not think you'll be needing RAID or USB 2.0 support, and are not expecting to do any extreme overclocking, then the Soltek 75DRV5 is quite decent. However, as you have seen from our past KT333 coverage, there are better options out there. At a price of $AUD242 the board is also relatively inexpensive, but not as cheap as I have come to expect from Soltek.
Excellent software bundle
Anti-Burn Shield II
No USB 2.0
Overclocking could have been better
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Hitman 2 'Expansion Pass' update adds DX12 support, March 26
- New Lord of the Rings game follows Gollums precious life
- Mortal Kombat 11's story throws players back into the 90's
- EA partner with Velan Studios to publish new team-based IP
- Apple TV+ is a new video streaming service to combat Netflix
- H81M-C/CSM and Haswell refresh
- The Division 2 Benchmarked: 20 Graphics Cards Tested
- MSI MEG X399 CREATION (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- ASrock X99 Extreme4 - adding NVMe SSD
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Animoca Brands partners with Formula 1 to develop 'F1 Delta Time' blockchain game
- ENP Games, Mobile Game 'Wall-Breaking Master: Ballvader 2' Featured In Google Play
- Match Ventures is now free
- First Gameplay Video from Glorious Companions revealed - 10 minutes of Developer Commentary
- Kursk with a Great Discount on Steam!