Some More Features
- Expansion Configuration
The ABIT TH7 RAID motherboard uses a 1/5/1 (AGP/PCI/CNR) expansion configuration layout. This layout is becoming a popular one now with the majority of motherboard manufactures, I would have personally liked to see ABIT replace the CNR slot with an older ISA slot as they are still more widely used compared to the newer CNR slot.
- Thermal Sensor Header
Yet another handy feature of this motherboard is the header designed for a thermal sensor to be included for detecting the system temperature of a certain part on the motherboard, usually the heatsink temperature. ABIT have included a basic thermal sensor cable in the package if you choose to take advantage of this feature.
- Installation and Stability
Installation went without a hitch, and no jumpers or BIOS settings needed to be changed either, which made the system upgrade just that little bit more effortless. All drivers needed, not already present on Windows 2000, were able to be located on the CDROM which ABIT includes with the package. After building the system up, I didn't even have to format under Windows 2000 to get this system up and running as I was previously using a Intel reference board also using the Intel 850 chipset with the same IDE controller.
The ABIT TH7 RAID motherboard is stable under all operations we tested, in all our benchmarking (such as continual Quake 3 Arena and 3DMark 2001 loops) the system did not crash once, nor did it have any obvious graphics glitches when the Intel Pentium 4 processor was clocked at 1.5GHz and 1.6GHz.
- CPU Socket Area
The area around the socket of the processor is clear and allows for the easy installation of heatsinks such as the Intel stock cooler and Global Win Pentium 4 heatsink.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Pro Gaming i9 XE boards
- Battle royale revenue to grow 600% in 2018
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit