If you recall our initial opening, I said that we would be seeking answers to two questions. The first was to see if the application was as easy as they led us to believe. After performing the task of unlocking the chip, I can say that it really is that easy. None of the steps required any special actions, and if a mistake is made, it's easy to just start over and try again.
Now, the second question was asking if the kit really worked. To answer this, let's start off by looking at what we were working with today...
The Athlon XP 1800+ processor that I have is set at 11.5x multiplier and 133MHz FSB in its native habitat. After I finished up, I set the multiplier up a little and boosted the FSB. I wasn't going for anything drastic (yet), but just a means to see if the multiplier would allow adjustments. Here's what I got for my efforts:
So to answer the second question, the multiplier can be adjusted now that the bridges are connected.
One final note:
After you get through with the task of unlocking your processor, don't touch your work. The compounds used don't set into a hard shell. If you rub your finger over it to admire your fine work of art, you'll be crying because you'll have to start over. So once it's done right, keep the fingers away.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next drivers will include OSD performance monitoring
- HP's new server rocks AMD EPYC CPUs, already breaks records
- PowerColor RX Vega 64 Red Devil: factory overclocked Vega
- EVGA unveils single-slot GTX 1080 Ti KINGPIN Hydro Copper
- Tencent the first Chinese company worth over $500 billion
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ