As we can see above, the packaging isn't anything fancy, but a simple plastic bag that has all the items necessary to get down to business. While it won't win any contests for being fancy, it will help keep the cost down so that we can get to the important part of our tweaking; namely getting more speed! Lets take a look at what is included in the kit.
- Cleaning Agent
First up is the cleaning agent. This will be the first jar you want since it's always a good idea to start with a clean working area. Though there is no label telling us what type of cleaner it has on the inside of the bottle, it smelled like an acetone based compound.
- Gap Filler
Next up is a nonconductive gap filler. It's a light colored filler that has a smooth consistency. It was almost a lotion type texture so that it's easy to work with.
- Conductive Grease
The last bottle included is a conductive grease. It is a gray material that has roughly the same consistency and texture as the filler. When you figure that you're working with a pin to apply the materials, you can begin to see why it is necessary to have the compounds this easy to work with.
The HighSpeed PC website listed a small handheld magnifier as coming with the kit, but they have changed it up a bit. This folding magnifier allowed me to lay the processor right onto the base so that I could use both hands to work on the project. This hands free approach was a good move since it lets you get right down to work.
Also included but not pictured here are a pin and some tape strips. We'll get into what these are used for in a little bit.
So what are we waiting for? Let's get this processor unlocked!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter World launches January 2018
- Left Alive is Square Enix's shot at survival mech action
- Rocket League Autumn Update available September 28
- Synology introduces new XS, Value and Series NAS
- ASUS introduce the ROG Strix Fusion 300 gaming headset
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard Review
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower