As we can see above, the packaging isn't anything fancy, but a simple plastic bag that has all the items necessary to get down to business. While it won't win any contests for being fancy, it will help keep the cost down so that we can get to the important part of our tweaking; namely getting more speed! Lets take a look at what is included in the kit.
- Cleaning Agent
First up is the cleaning agent. This will be the first jar you want since it's always a good idea to start with a clean working area. Though there is no label telling us what type of cleaner it has on the inside of the bottle, it smelled like an acetone based compound.
- Gap Filler
Next up is a nonconductive gap filler. It's a light colored filler that has a smooth consistency. It was almost a lotion type texture so that it's easy to work with.
- Conductive Grease
The last bottle included is a conductive grease. It is a gray material that has roughly the same consistency and texture as the filler. When you figure that you're working with a pin to apply the materials, you can begin to see why it is necessary to have the compounds this easy to work with.
The HighSpeed PC website listed a small handheld magnifier as coming with the kit, but they have changed it up a bit. This folding magnifier allowed me to lay the processor right onto the base so that I could use both hands to work on the project. This hands free approach was a good move since it lets you get right down to work.
Also included but not pictured here are a pin and some tape strips. We'll get into what these are used for in a little bit.
So what are we waiting for? Let's get this processor unlocked!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Battlefront II microtransaction removal: 'no impact' to EA
- 4K 60FPS capture card handles Xbox One X, costs $400
- Legislators: Battlefront II is a Star Wars online casino
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ