Overall, I wasn't too happy with the performance of the Zalman CNPS5500 heatsink/fan unit. It was outperformed by the stock Intel unit at idle temperatures, and only managed to move a few degrees ahead of it under full load. That said, installation was very simple and the "Fan Mate 1" gadget is a nice addition for those of you that need complete silence while working at your PC.
The Zalman CNPS5500-Cu has a RRP (Recommended Retail Price) of AU$99, which is definitely far from cheap. Considering the fact that the CNPS5500 barely differs from the stock Intel unit in both performance and noise output, I find it very hard to recommend this product. The bottom line is, the performance of the Zalman CNPS5500-Cu does not justify the AU$99 price tag, and if you already own a stock Intel heatsink/fan unit (should have come with your processor), I recommend that you keep it and save the money.
Fan Speed Controller
Performance was nothing special
Rating - 5.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rime on the Nintendo has been fixed, looks decent now
- Onrush launches on the 5th of June, new trailer released
- Nintendo Switch exclusive Castle of Heart gets new trailer
- The Station released today, new launch trailer is also live
- Rocket League goes comic book, new DC Super Heroes DLC pack
- Z370 Taichi BIOS 1.40
- Seagate DJI Fly Drive 2TB Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit