The FIC AD11 is our very first AMD 760 based board that we have had the pleasure of reviewing here at TweakTown. The big question is will this board be all we hoped for, the answer is yes. Installation was absolutely painless. Installed the board, loaded windows, installed the AMD miniport AGP drivers and that was it, installation was complete. Compatibility was also flawless, during our tests and installation we never had one compatibility problem with any sound, video or other add-on cards that we put into the PC to test compatibility. Overall performance was not what we expected. When we heard about DDR we expected to get double the performance but this was not so, Why? AMD Athlon and Duron CPU's do not rely heavily on the memory bandwidth, DDR SDRAM is designed to power AMD's next generation of CPU, the fact that its here now just means it can be used now. While not what we expected the results were quite remarkable. The memory bottleneck for the AGP system was eliminated with over 2.1GB/s. The only quarrels we had was the inclusion of a CNR slot over the more traditional ISA or extra PCI slot. The FIC AD11 is the most spectacular AMD board we have seen to date.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- Capcom showcase 'Tofu' in Resident Evil 2 Remake screenshots
- COD: Black Ops 4 - Blackout Battle Royale mode goes F2P
- Elite Dangerous devs working on new IP
- Elder Scrolls Online: Elsweyr brings dragons back to Tamriel
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Comparison of directory opus and xyplorer
- The Silent Guardian: Antec present new Quiet Computing P101 Silent
- A Hero's Journey - Latest Total War: Three Kingdoms Cinematic Showcases A Jaw-Dropping China
- Pre-Order Metro Exodus From Any Physical Retailer To Secure An Exclusive Poster
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment An IO Interactive Launch Hitman HD Enhanced Collection
- Acer Debuts All-New Swift 7 with Compact Design and Incredible Screen-to-body Ratio