The FIC AD11 is our very first AMD 760 based board that we have had the pleasure of reviewing here at TweakTown. The big question is will this board be all we hoped for, the answer is yes. Installation was absolutely painless. Installed the board, loaded windows, installed the AMD miniport AGP drivers and that was it, installation was complete. Compatibility was also flawless, during our tests and installation we never had one compatibility problem with any sound, video or other add-on cards that we put into the PC to test compatibility. Overall performance was not what we expected. When we heard about DDR we expected to get double the performance but this was not so, Why? AMD Athlon and Duron CPU's do not rely heavily on the memory bandwidth, DDR SDRAM is designed to power AMD's next generation of CPU, the fact that its here now just means it can be used now. While not what we expected the results were quite remarkable. The memory bottleneck for the AGP system was eliminated with over 2.1GB/s. The only quarrels we had was the inclusion of a CNR slot over the more traditional ISA or extra PCI slot. The FIC AD11 is the most spectacular AMD board we have seen to date.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz