Features and Specifications
I realize this section of reviews is usually short and boring - But it's considered regulation stuff these days so I won't bother skipping in this area because some stuff just may come in handy one day. Straight from the box:
- Compatible with any make of tower case
- Supports most 3.5" Hard Disk Drives
- Data portability between office and / or house
- Unlimited Capacity
- Easy installation and back up
- Secure Your Data
- Convenient data administration & sharing
- Convenient pull-out handle
- Auto-close door design
- LED indicators for Power & HDD
- For 1.0" HT. 2.5 / 3.5" HDD
- Dimensions: 8.4x5.8x1.6 inch (D/W/H) - Weight 1.2LB
- Data input: EIDE, SCSI, SCSI-II, fast / wide SCSI interface
- One Internal Cooling Fan
- ID-Switch & ID-Led Select for SCSI Interface
That sums this area up pretty much; just remember the SCSI features are only compatible with actual SCSI model racks, not the one we are reviewing today. If you want to use a device similar to this, make sure you especially ask for a rack capable of SCSI.
It's also fairly important to note that not only will ATA 33, 66, 100 or 133 HDD's work with this rack, but also Zip drives, LS-120 Super Disk drives, TR-4 Tape drives, ORB drives and so on.
The feature to take special note of is the Internal Cooling Fan. Although the fan is small and what may seem like to some as insignificant - It does reduce the temperate IDE drives operate at thus increasing the reliability and lifetime. This has been proved with a recent article we published on TweakTown on IBM drives, you can read it here - It will only make these marvelous inventions seem even better.
Another classy feature not included on the features list of the packaging is the key lock mechanism of the product - I'm baffled as to why the company missed one of the highlight features of this product on the feature section of the box it came with. Anyway, since it's very easy for the drive to be slid in and out of the bay it sits in, it makes only perfect sense that the drive can be locked in place so kids or the uneducated don't come and pull it out while your half way through a game of Return of Castle Wolfenstein - This is not to mention the damage it could do to your HDD or any other IDE device your using in the rack.
Finally on the features side of the review, I must admit the product actually looks quite nice for the price, as well as being sturdy. Sure, it isn't any stylish Lian Li looking mobile rack made out of aluminum, but I don't mind the look of it and nor does it weigh a ton to carry around with the drive still secured in - It certainly holds a degree of class I don't mind one bit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit