Gigabyte have come so far so fast with their improved motherboards. Gigabyte's history has been plagued with bugs, boards that fall short in the benchmarks or boards that make so sense at all. Not anymore.
On the Performance side of things, Gigabyte has done a better than average job of squeezing as must raw speed out of the SiS 645 powerhouse chipset. Stability was at its maximum and took well over eight hours of repeated torture tests to make our system fail, and this was only a memory failure. DDR-333, while an excellent technology, is very susceptible to EMI.
Overclocking was, without a doubt, so flexible that this board could be bent in half and back again. We managed 135MHz FSB and memory clock at 186MHz, and still Windows XP kept its cool and ran all out benchmarks.
In regards to features, well, there aren't a super amount to speak of but for what this baby has, it's remarkable the price is so low; undercutting the EPoX board by a good $20 AUS.
In all, I can only say this is the P4 board that I have always wanted to find, its going to be hard to top this baby off until A2 SiS 645 boards make it into the market place.
Hardware PCI Sound
No espresso machine built in.
Rating - 9.5/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz