Getting onto the card itself, it's easy to tell that Galaxy has moved away from the stock cooler this time around. We can see that the company has attached a massive Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo cooler to the card.
This isn't the first time we've seen Galaxy use this cooler; earlier this month we saw the same one on the GTS 250. The cooler proved to handle the GTS 250 quite well, so let's see how it goes with the more powerful GTX 260+.
Like most GTX 260 cards, we don't see anything out of the ordinary when it comes to having a look around the card. Towards the top we have two 6-pin PCI-E connectors, while closer to the front of the card we have two SLI connectors which give us the ability to run up to three of these cards. That might be difficult, though, due to the nature of the cooler being so thick.
Looking at the I/O side of things, we have two Dual-Link DVI connectors along with a single TV-Out port to round off connectivity. The top half is taken up with some large vents that help the hot air escape.
Like the other GTX 260+ cards we've seen recently, this particular model runs on the 55nm core. This helps keep temperature and power usage down when compared to the larger 65nm process. But in the end, it ultimately helps us achieve higher clock speeds, which in turn gives us more speed.
As we mentioned, Galaxy has taken the time to overclock this card. We can see the core has moved from the stock 576MHz to 625MHz, the 1GB of GDDR3 from 1998MHz DDR to 2100MHz DDR and the shader clock bumped from 1242MHz to 1350MHz. This is a nice overclock from Galaxy and should translate into some notable performance gains.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]