Noctua didn't disappoint me with the release of the NH-U12P SE1366 CPU cooler. They kept with older technology that has worked very well for them in the past and adapted it to perform on newer Core i7 processors. I have evolved in my own PC from outrageous fans at 100% on my X850XTPE stock cooler, to wanting as little noise as possible in my working environment. I don't personally have an i7 rig yet, but this cooler is sitting on my shelf awaiting a home when I do.
The Special Edition packaging is a nice add-on to just the ordinary cooler. Noctua again steps it up a notch from what users usually see in their package. I really liked the metal case badge and the sample of NH-H1, and of course the second fan. As I said before, the original NH-U12P for LGA775 and AMD is selling at this point for around $60 depending on where you get it. In my mind, with the i7 mounting hardware, the added fan, and the matching sets of fan adapters, the $76.99 asking price isn't out of line. Even if I hadn't received this cooler from Noctua, based on what the 92mm cooler did, my short-list of coolers would definitely include the Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 as an out of pocket expense.
I tried to sit here and pick the NH-U12P SE1366 CPU cooler apart, but there isn't anything I can find to even try to bring up. From the time I took it out of the box, on through the assembly and into testing, the NH-U12P SE has been a pleasure to test. The SecuFirm2 mounting is spot on and really easy to assemble and the images in the instructions will answer any question you may come up with. I did see a bit of a discrepancy of the testing from our previous results; again, though, these could be contributed to different TIM application, or maybe Chris got the fans that ran +10% and mine ran -10%, I don't really know. They are, however, where I like my processor to be at an overclocked state and are almost inaudible while doing so.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Noctua NH-U12P SE1366]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard