Fit and Finish
A+ includes a spring to keep the brushed aluminum door shut when the optical drive door is closed. The issue is that the included spring is too long and doesn't function properly. I was able to cut off a few rings and re-bend the last two rings to hold on the latch.
This is what I mean about the spring being too long and not functioning properly. With the spring ends on both pegs, the door sits open just a bit when the drive door is closed. Shortening the spring did correct the issue as I stated above.
Adding some power to the Cupid 3 and pushing the power button reveals that the edge of the button is surrounded in LED's. The reddish purple lights indicate hard drive activity, while the blue is just to indicate power being on.
Here is what you look at while the Cupid 3 is at an idle state. You are left with a mellow blue LED showing a sleek aluminum finish.
With the optical drive button pushed, the drive door opens and drops the outer door while extending out. The entire tray for the CD or DVD is open to access.
With the face of the Cupid on this time, I opened the door at the bottom left to give a finished look at the outputs, 56-in-1 card reader and the two USB 2.0 ports. If you plan to use the case without the supplied feet in use, this door will hit whatever surface you are on and not fully open. For the sake of the image, I set the Cupid 3 up to work this way.
Last but not least is the feet I was just talking about. I suggest that you use them if you plan to purchase this case. The texture that is applied to the outer shell is also applied to the bottom. As you can see, this texture scraped a bit of paint from the photo box, so I can only imagine what it might do to a nice hardwood stand.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series