Accessories and Hardware
Included along with the Cupid 3, shipped inside the case is the assortment of accessories that accompany it. At the top left it the optical drive cover to keep the brushed aluminium facia unified. At the top right is the power cord for the included PSU. The two pieces in the middle are adapters so that you may use smaller than standard drives and still be able to mount then in the Cupid 3. At the bottom left are four, moulded, rubber feat with tape pre-applied for use under the case. Mistakenly, I inverted the A+ case badge that sits under an included tie strap. On to the screws!
A+ sends all Phillips head screws with this case making assembly much easier. Two of these are pointed self tapping screws to use with the black adapter rails. The next group of seven screws are for mounting the motherboard to the inside of the case; only four are needed for assembly. The last group of ten to the right are for mounting the hardware to the drive bays. Last but not least is the diagnostic motherboard speaker and with things tucked away in the media room this will give a good tone to let you know when something has gone wrong.
Going back to what I said earlier, sometimes with samples everything isn't quite ready to go. A+ shipped me the Cupid 3 without any instructions included, but since they just publically released the case, I understand writing and printing the instructions takes time. I would like to add that I didn't run into any curve balls with the installation. This bodes well for A+, as their design must be really straight forward in concept.
I thought I should give the readers a good look at the hardware being used, as once the build starts going you soon lose the ability to see most of what is really under there. As I said, I went and bought a ZOTAC mini-ITX motherboard with WiFi so I could use my existing hardware. I had an E6600, the 2 GB of G.Skill PC2-6400 RAM and a 120GB IDE hard drive to accompany the IDE DVD/CD burner. One thing to note is the DVD/CD drive in the image was replaced due to the length of the drive; I will show just why that is a bit later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX and 2950X Review
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market