The Power Supply
The power supply has a nice, understated look about it. Polished black finish, embossed BFG logo on the sides and a simple white print on black label offer a nice classy finish. The size of the unit is also noteworthy; the BFG EX-1200 is a very compact power supply considering the impressive capacity. BFG managed to cram all this capability into a regular ATX sized power supply.
Here is a view of the fan side of the power supply. This is what you would see in many of the newer BTX cases. The logo is mounted to the 135 mm fan grill to remind you what brand you purchased, just in case you forgot. The overall look and feel is nicely executed.
The back side of the PSU is relatively standard with hexagon mesh, but the mesh reaches all the way to the edges. It looks like this unit will breathe very well.
The BFG EX-1200 is not fully modular. There are the necessary feeds that most installs will require hard wired to the unit. If you require more connections, the modular cables can be added. It will certainly help eliminate unused cables in your system. One odd item is that the two modular PCI-E cables are labeled (12V2, 12V3), but there is no corresponding label on the modular panel. That will likely not matter since each rail can handle up to 40 amps, but it would still be nice to know where you are sourcing your power.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SteelSeries release the Rival 110 gaming mouse
- Ataribox sounds like risky business
- ENERMAX release the EQUILENCE, a high-end silent case
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card