Accessories and Documentation
Titan includes a large assortment of hardware with the Fenrir, so I will just work my way from the top left to the bottom right. First up, we have Titan's LGA1366 back plate which includes a screw set to the proper height. In the middle is the universal mounting plate with the crossed centre for additional stability. To the right is the universal LGA775 and AMD back plate. Notice both back plates are insulated with black plastic to keep any shorting issues at bay.
In the very middle you have the two supplied fan mounting wires. Underneath those is the 4-pin to 3-pin adapter for more control on boards with no PWM. There are four brass raisers that are mounted to a board with the four Phillip's head screws next to it. There are two thicknesses of insulating washers; the AMD washers are thin and white, while the Intel washers are thicker and black. In the bottom right corner is a sample of Royal Grease thermal compound. And last but not least, there's the thumb screws for mounting the mounting plate to the studs.
The instructions are very easy to follow. The images are underlined with English text for the step by step process, but it is then followed in eight other languages as well. As you can see, this side of the fold-out is for AMD mounting solutions.
Unfolding the instructions and reversing them shows the Intel mounting step by step. While the images show and really only discuss the LGA775 mounting, once you read it, it is simple logic to figure out the idea behind the LGA1366 mounting.
Here is that close up image of the plate lying in the aluminum base. You can see how the crosses set together and give the cooler more stability against any twisting notion, while also making sure the cooler is fully centered on the processor.
Be sure you follow the instructions and don't mount the fan to the Fenrir prior to installation on the motherboard. You can see, once the fan is on it was a real treat to try to get the thumbscrews on for my installation, as clearance is an issue with the fan in the way.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [TheTitan Fenrir TTC-NK85TZ]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New No Man's Sky Visions updated leaked
- Telltale's The Walking Dead climbs out of its grave
- New digital-only Xbox reveal likely for E3 2019
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Silicon Power Bolt B80 Portable SSD Review - Subtle Style
- NeueChair Review: Redefining The Modern Office Chair
- Crucial P1 500GB NVMe SSD - $100 NVMe
- Narrow bezel on a metallic chassis MSI PS42 14 Thin & Light Laptop Review
- Z390 Taichi Onboard LED issue
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card