Gigabyte has certainly come well up in the world. From the days of being OEM only and having a very low approval rating, we see that they have improved on this lot. Scoring rather well on the benchmark side of things, we can only assume they have driven as much speed out of this board as their production team could. Slightly behind the DFI motherboard in speed (though nothing to really write home about), the 8IRXP has done a remarkable job for an i845D based board.
Feature-wise; well we are speechless. With USB 2.0 we get 400Mbps USB connectivity for High Speed USB. LAN connectivity gives us PC to PC contact, or that all-important Ethernet port for Broadband Internet access. Promise ATA-133 RAID ensures us that we have support for RAID functions as well as future ATA-133 IDE drives. Until we see the Intel ICH3 chip, we will have to rely on external chips for ATA-133 on the Intel platform.
Stability and Overclocking are very well rounded. Overclocking allows you to pretty well run insane speeds with AGP and PCI dividers at 133MHz to allow AGP/PCI default operations, so this could well be one of the boards that will be an overclockers' delight for the 533Mhz P4. Stability was uncompromised by overclocking, 133MHz FSB was no effort for this board with our unlocked P4. Pushing beyond 133MHz gave us a total of 143MHz FSB. Limitations on AGP prevented any further increases with the GeForce3 card.
On the whole, this board is what Overclockers and Hardcore users dream about. No doubt in my mind, Gigabyte are on the road to glory.
Super overclocking options
Rating - 9/10 and TweakTown's Editors Choice Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- AMD CPU hero Jim Keller leaving Tesla to join Intel
- NVIDIA GeForce 397.31 WHQL drivers enables RTX on Volta GPUs
- GeForce/Radeon GPUs shipments expected to drop by a huge 40%
- Sharp's 70-inch 8K TV starts shipping, costs around $13,800
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit