An external drive that was running off USB 2.0 was never going to be as fast as an internal drive that used a SATA interface. But what does the slower speeds ultimately mean? - Installing applications is going to be one of the biggest things; it's simply going to take longer on the eSAU108 than it would on an internal drive.
Burning times are also going to be slower, but this is because its burn speeds are rated lower and this also makes perfect sense because the drive is external and runs off USB 2.0. The thing is that apart from these two reasons, the drive is going to do everything else just as well as an internal drive, such as playing music and DVDs.
If you find yourself wanting a well built external ROM drive that is capable of running off only USB 2.0 while also having a bit of flair to the overall look, you can't go wrong with the eSAU108 from Lite-On. It's small, portable and looks great. Sure, it's not as fast as the drive you probably have in your main PC, but you can't expect it to be for aforementioned reasons.
The eSAU108 is a good all-round external ROM drive which is going to be perfect for people looking for such a device. Of course, don't expect the device to be cheap with a price tag of around the $150 AUD mark in Australia. You were always going to be paying more for an external slim drive, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The ROM Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero Disc Speed]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media