An external drive that was running off USB 2.0 was never going to be as fast as an internal drive that used a SATA interface. But what does the slower speeds ultimately mean? - Installing applications is going to be one of the biggest things; it's simply going to take longer on the eSAU108 than it would on an internal drive.
Burning times are also going to be slower, but this is because its burn speeds are rated lower and this also makes perfect sense because the drive is external and runs off USB 2.0. The thing is that apart from these two reasons, the drive is going to do everything else just as well as an internal drive, such as playing music and DVDs.
If you find yourself wanting a well built external ROM drive that is capable of running off only USB 2.0 while also having a bit of flair to the overall look, you can't go wrong with the eSAU108 from Lite-On. It's small, portable and looks great. Sure, it's not as fast as the drive you probably have in your main PC, but you can't expect it to be for aforementioned reasons.
The eSAU108 is a good all-round external ROM drive which is going to be perfect for people looking for such a device. Of course, don't expect the device to be cheap with a price tag of around the $150 AUD mark in Australia. You were always going to be paying more for an external slim drive, though.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The ROM Drive]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Nero Disc Speed]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Atari VCS power may be more like Switch than Xbox, PS4
- Cyberpunk 2077 on track to release by 2021 with new AAA RPG
- The Witcher 3 is a sales revenue monster
- Titan Quest arrives on consoles
- Switch has highest 12-month install base in US history
- 1st PCIe slot (x16) only works at x2 with my Aorus 1080Ti...
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D40 RGB DDR4-3000 16GB Review
- (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (www.BizFests.com) 64GB $12,980
- GIGABYTE Z170MX Gaming5 non K overclock
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit