As with all GTX 285 cards we've looked at since its release, Galaxy hasn't done anything to the cooler. We can see that it manages to take up the whole card from left to right and top to bottom.
On the right side we can see the fan that pushes the cool air over the GPU while Galaxy has of course added their own spice to the unit with the help of a sticker that lets us know the brand, model and has a similar picture to what we saw on the front of the box.
With the cooler looked at, it's time to have a closer look at the card itself. Towards the back of the card we have our power connectors which come in the shape of two 6-pin PCI Express connectors. Next to these we can see a smaller connector; this is for the S/PDIF loopback cable so that you can get sound through the HDMI convertor that is provided.
Moving closer to the front of the card, we have two SLI connectors which allow us to have a maximum of three of these cards running together. We have learned from
our Tri-SLI tests that this is the fastest VGA setup you can have.
Checking out the I/O side of things, we find two Dual-Link DVI connectors and a TV-Out port. Above these connectors we can see the vents that let the hot air escape from the card, helping keep the GPU as cool as possible.
As we saw mentioned on the front of the Galaxy box, this GTX 285 is of course overclocked. We can see that Galaxy has given us a core clock of 695MHz which is up on the stock 648MHz clock that we see on cards following the reference speeds.
We can also see the shader clock has moved from 1476MHz to 1500MHz and the 1GB of GDDR3 memory sitting on that 512-bit bus moving from 2484MHz to 2500MHz.
Last updated: Apr 7, 2020 at 12:27 pm CDT
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict - XP]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2 - XP]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky - XP]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts]