The Xigmatek Achilles S1284C
Here we get a good frontal view of the Achilles. From the bottom, you can see the aluminium base that surrounds and holds the four, 8mm, nickel plated heat-pipes. These heat-pipes take the heat to fifty-four fins to await the removal from the airflow created by the fan.
Looking at the Achilles from the side, you can start to see the fin edge design. You can also get a better look at the nickel plated heat-pipes and how they travel through the cooler.
The top view of the Achilles shows the design of the fins really clearly. As with almost all of Xigmatek's tower coolers, these nickel plated heat-pipes protrude the top fin as well. On the bottom left and right are the anti-vibration fan mounting grooves we are accustomed to seeing on a Xigmatek cooler.
The H.D.T. technology that Xigmatek is so proud of is shown here. The milling process was done after the 8mm pipes were plated in this instance, exposing the copper cores. This base is overall flat and level, but the gaps in this version do tend to absorb a bit more thermal compound than most if you use a blob of TIM and allow the cooler to do the spreading. It's recommended that a thin layer is applied to both the CPU and the Achilles.
This is a close up look at the 120mm fan that is included with the Achilles. Judging by the fan specs of 61 CFM, along with the rest, I have to assume this is the same fan that comes with the Red Scorpion S1283. This orange bladed, white LED fan is an attractive addition to both coolers, though. On the very left side you can see that this fan is powered by a 4-pin, PWM controlled fan connector.
This is a good view of the coverage of the fins that Xigmatek coolers provide. By maximizing the amount of exposed fins to the fan, it greatly enhances the cooling performance.
The last view of the cooler completed before I start my testing. Once again, you can see how well the fan covers from top to bottom. The anti-vibration fan mounts are easily installed and hold the fan securely and quietly.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Achilles S1284C]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- Ghost Recon Wildlands adds permadeath with 'Ghost Mode'
- Razer making Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite arcade sticks
- Windows 10 Pro for just $12.41, Office 2016 Pro only $28.10
- Gorilla Glass 6 engineered to 'survive multiple drops'
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit