Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Achilles S1284C is a fifty-four, aluminum finned cooler that surrounds four staggered, nickel plated heat-pipes that are held together with the aluminum base plate. This H.D.T. cooler has exposed copper on the contact area for better heat transfer, while the plating keeps the pipes from oxidizing. The Achilles is supplied with a 61.375 maximum CFM fan that can run as high as 1500 RPM. Xigmatek rates this fan to only sound off to the 20 dBA level, which is really quiet.
Again, as with the previous coolers I had searched for from Xigmatek, the Achilles seems to be an elusive cooler to locate. While it is available for purchase from a few e-tailers, stock at major e-tailers is virtually nonexistent. I realize this cooler isn't exactly the newest cooler to hit the shelves, but I was surprised to see such limited stock across the board.
I tried searching Newegg for even a deactivated or out of stock listing, but it was all to no avail, as they don't show any listing for the Achilles at all. I was, however, able to locate the cooler in the $39.99 - $42.99 U.S dollar range searching through Google. The optional Crossbow mounting kit was a bit easier to locate and I did in fact find these available at Newegg for 9.99 U.S. Dollars , plus shipping of course. This kit is not only to more securely mount the Achilles to the LGA775, but with a bit of rearranging it will mount up to a LGA1366 motherboard as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Achilles S1284C]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pre-order Dead Cells now on Switch, receive 20% discount
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit