Multi-Level Cell (MLC) drives have started catching their Single Level Cell (SLC) counterparts in recent months when it comes to the performance category. The MLC drives have always had a significant lead when it comes to price, but SLC has towered over MLC in performance. Today we are looking at the latest SLC technology to come from MTRON, one of the global leaders in solid state storage technology.
Previously we were given the opportunity to look at two MTRON drives by our friends at DVNation. Today's review drive came from MTRON directly, but we are still going to give DVNation a shout out for their help in securing the drive for our review. One thing to note, we were hoping to get in four MTRON PRO 7500 drives for a RAID review, since this is an enterprise product and in all likelihood would be used in a RAID 5 or RAID 10 array in a company's database server. Global demand for the PRO 7500, however, has been so high that a RAID review was not possible due to the amount of products on hand at MTRON's marketing department.
As stated above, the MTRON SLC 7500 SSD is an enterprise product designed primarily for use in server environments. MTRON does market the drive as being a notebook drive alternative, but the high cost of ownership makes this task seem unlikely. MTRON does, however, make a line of products that fit into the typical notebook user category, the MOBI line. Today we are going to focus on the new PRO 7500 line of products and see how they compare with today's latest and greatest 2.5-inch products, both platter and solid state based.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- Paladins remove their loot box system after community uproar
- New Battlefield title will be available at EA PLAY 2018
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Trilogy coming to Nintendo Switch
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- For Sale (40 Pieces) Apple iPhone X 64GB $17,960 Brand New Unlocked
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit