Playing Pong With Your Mind
Once you have calibrated your device then you can begin training to use the functions under the practice mode. It is useful to know at this point that the trigger actions that will work best for the NIA are moving your eyes left to right, like you would for a shifty glance, whilst also clenching your jaw tightly.
The practice game makes use of the retro classic, Pong, to train your jaw muscle movement. For the eyes, it is best to use the tweaking tools under the profile wizard to set the trigger boundaries.
The NIA software will then map your responses into key-presses to use in-game. There are several default setups you can choose from and even a couple of downloadable ones from the official website, but you will want to spend some time calibrating and tweaking it to your preferences.
With the device set up, there is little to do now but test it in game!
Firstly, I will give it a sandbox test under Gary's Mod, a Half Life 2 add on, so that I can get used to running around and shooting things with the headset on.
...some time later...
Well, that works quite nicely, though it seems a bit less intuitive at first when compared to using keys. It will take some playing around with to get comfortable using the device.
Getting it on some Team Fortress 2 action was a little more tricky, but there's nothing like getting your ass handed to you to make you learn quicker!
It's apparent that getting used to this new control method will take time and lots of practice and I can see that only the hard core gamers and geeks will put in the effort to make it worthwhile. People want a device that is easy enough to pick up and master in a matter of hours, at most; the wii-mote as a successful example.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam