Playing Pong With Your Mind
Once you have calibrated your device then you can begin training to use the functions under the practice mode. It is useful to know at this point that the trigger actions that will work best for the NIA are moving your eyes left to right, like you would for a shifty glance, whilst also clenching your jaw tightly.
The practice game makes use of the retro classic, Pong, to train your jaw muscle movement. For the eyes, it is best to use the tweaking tools under the profile wizard to set the trigger boundaries.
The NIA software will then map your responses into key-presses to use in-game. There are several default setups you can choose from and even a couple of downloadable ones from the official website, but you will want to spend some time calibrating and tweaking it to your preferences.
With the device set up, there is little to do now but test it in game!
Firstly, I will give it a sandbox test under Gary's Mod, a Half Life 2 add on, so that I can get used to running around and shooting things with the headset on.
...some time later...
Well, that works quite nicely, though it seems a bit less intuitive at first when compared to using keys. It will take some playing around with to get comfortable using the device.
Getting it on some Team Fortress 2 action was a little more tricky, but there's nothing like getting your ass handed to you to make you learn quicker!
It's apparent that getting used to this new control method will take time and lots of practice and I can see that only the hard core gamers and geeks will put in the effort to make it worthwhile. People want a device that is easy enough to pick up and master in a matter of hours, at most; the wii-mote as a successful example.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series