Accessories and Documentation
This is a complete image of all the included hardware and goodies that come packaged alongside the NH-U9B. I will break these up in smaller groupings and explain a bit of what they are and do.
This bit of hardware is what you could say the general accessories bag. It contains the NT-H1 thermal compound and a right angle screwdriver for use with any of the supplied screws. There are two springs, which depending on AMD or Intel mounting, slip over the appropriate screws for tensioning the cooler. Noctua also includes two different resistance bearing fan connections. These will lower the voltage that is supplied to the fan if you choose not to use the BIOS controls to manage it. In the very middle in long strips is some anti-vibration material supplied to keep the fans quiet against the fins, which leaves me with the four, wire fan clips that the NH-U9B comes with.
This is the included LGA775 hardware for mounting. There are two metal plates that secure to the base of the cooler to the right and left extremes. At the top and bottom are the braces that mount the black, back plate to the motherboard. This section of the kit also includes white plastic, stick-on washers to protect the back plate from grounding out on the motherboard. The screws would of course use the springs in the general bag and screw onto the top of the braces mounted to the board.
The AMD mounting package that is included has by far the most parts for assembly, so be sure to follow the instructions carefully. To the right and left are two different mounting plates you can use, depending on how the AMD socket is turned. This allows for rear exit exhaust no matter which way the socket is laid out. The back plate is in the middle and has the thin plastic washers on it to make them a bit more visible. Below that are red plastic washers that go on the top of the motherboard before the AMD mounting gets applied to the top of the board with the brackets to the left and right of the back plate. Also included is a more specific set of screws for the AMD mounting, that again, you are to use the springs to surround. The four little screws are to use for the mounting to the motherboard.
Noctua has done a really nice job with even something as simple as a fold-out instruction manual. They have stuck them, both and AMD manual and an Intel manual, into a color coordinated card. These instructions are very descriptive and have great images to go along to help answer any questions while mounting the included hardware.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- God of War director confirms no season pass for the release
- Trailer for Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition released
- COLORFUL's new CGU 2018 eSports event might include PUBG
- Cygames shows off Granblue Fantasy's combat in all its glory
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series