Setup and Installation
The setup for the TEW-645UB is extremely simple; plug the adapter into any available USB 2.0 port, drop the drivers CD-ROM in and you are off and running.
Included with the installation media is also a free subscription for McAfee Anti-Virus. This can be found by clicking the bonus button on the main installer screen.
The software version that we played with was 18.104.22.168 with driver version 22.214.171.124. The user interface is very straight forward; you have tabs for link information, site survey and profiles.
On the Link Information tab you get all of the detailed information about your current wireless connection. This is everything from signal strength to the frequency that you are connecting over.
The next tab is the site survey; on this tab you will see information about all of the wireless connections within range. The signal strength, wireless mode, encryption type, channel and BSSID (usually the MAC of the Access Point).
You can choose a network and connect directly from this page by following the prompts.
The last tab is the profile tab; here you can create profiles for commonly used networks. A profile, once created, will save you time and trouble inputting WEP or WPA(2) keys and pass phrases.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit