Accessories and Documentation
The Dark Knight comes with the usual hardware that is shipped with most of the S1283s. Included is the easy to follow instruction manual, AMD slide-in mounting bracket, four anti-vibration fan mounts and the hardware to apply the cooler to LGA775 boards. To be honest, the instructions aren't really needed as the Dark Knight is relatively simple to install. Either slide in the AMD bracket and lock it down to the socket, or mount the legs to the base with the two Phillip's head screws supplied, then it's just a matter of tightening the bolts.
Gone are the days where Xigmatek used the push-pins on their coolers, at least with the Dark Knight. They include with this hardware package a Crossbow mounting system that was usually sold separately from their earlier releases. The Crossbow is very simple to use. There is a white mounting sticker that can be used to mount the back plate to the motherboard, so it will stay in one place while the actual mounting is taking place. Of course, to do this the motherboard will need to be removed in order to use this mounting hardware.
The actual mounting with the LGA775 Crossbow set-up should be done prior to applying the fan to the Dark Knight, as with most of the Xigmatek line-up. If the fan is applied prior to mounting, it covers two of the screws and makes it really tough to get them tightened properly. I'm sort of surprised that Xigmatek didn't supply the little wrench to go along with the mounting kit on the Dark Knight. To me it was beneficial in making certain that the screws were in fact tightened all the way. But to be fair, it honestly isn't needed if you have a quality screw driver.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Dark Knight S1238]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5