Accessories and Documentation
The Dark Knight comes with the usual hardware that is shipped with most of the S1283s. Included is the easy to follow instruction manual, AMD slide-in mounting bracket, four anti-vibration fan mounts and the hardware to apply the cooler to LGA775 boards. To be honest, the instructions aren't really needed as the Dark Knight is relatively simple to install. Either slide in the AMD bracket and lock it down to the socket, or mount the legs to the base with the two Phillip's head screws supplied, then it's just a matter of tightening the bolts.
Gone are the days where Xigmatek used the push-pins on their coolers, at least with the Dark Knight. They include with this hardware package a Crossbow mounting system that was usually sold separately from their earlier releases. The Crossbow is very simple to use. There is a white mounting sticker that can be used to mount the back plate to the motherboard, so it will stay in one place while the actual mounting is taking place. Of course, to do this the motherboard will need to be removed in order to use this mounting hardware.
The actual mounting with the LGA775 Crossbow set-up should be done prior to applying the fan to the Dark Knight, as with most of the Xigmatek line-up. If the fan is applied prior to mounting, it covers two of the screws and makes it really tough to get them tightened properly. I'm sort of surprised that Xigmatek didn't supply the little wrench to go along with the mounting kit on the Dark Knight. To me it was beneficial in making certain that the screws were in fact tightened all the way. But to be fair, it honestly isn't needed if you have a quality screw driver.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Dark Knight S1238]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series