Setup and Installation
Right then, the first step once everything is unpacked and ready to go is to insert the USB dongle into a vacant USB port and attach the supplied USB charging cable, firstly to the dongle and then to the headphones.
Once this is done it's time to play the waiting game as the lithium polymer battery takes its first charge. According to ASUS the first charge should be four hours with successive charges being two and a half hours in duration. Upon completion of this initial charge the cable should be disconnected and the headphones set to "On" with or without the microphone being activated, depending on the current use.
Although this isn't stipulated in the manual, at this point it is important to set your Windows sound device to "Avnera audio device" and UN-select whatever sound device you have running. I also found it necessary to click on the volume slider until a sound is heard in the headphones. There may also be a need to restart Winamp or whatever software you have running before you can listen to these headphones.
Now, I assume the lack of dedicated software is the reason the user has to go through these small checkpoints each time these headphones are used. I did not encounter any further issues, but it is very important to follow what I have said above.
Given the simplicity of this product there is not a great deal more that must be covered. After all, they are very much designed to be a simple product that is for the most part, 'plug and play'; or as I sometimes like to refer to it, 'plug and pray'.
Now, before moving on I'll quickly mention that in order to sync the USB dongle and the headphones together, the link button on the headset must be pushed at the same time as the small button on the USB dongle. This will cause both devices to flash at the same time with a green light. Once this green light has turned solid again, the device is ready for wireless communication.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package and Contents]
- Page 3 [Technical Overview]
- Page 4 [Setup and Installation]
- Page 5 [Testing the Highs and Lows]
- Page 6 [Wireless Performance, Games and Movies]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- Skyrim on Switch runs at native 900p resolution while docked
- THQ Nordic grabs Biomutant game rights and developer
- EA: Live services are a predictable, evolving business
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- need advice for replacing 4 washable air filter for my pc-b25s
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ