The SilenX iXtrema Pro IXG-3F2 optional fan kit
SilenX ships the optional fan kit, the IXG-3F2, in a plastic blister pack that exposes the fans to their buyers. As you can see, the IXG-3F2 comes as a three piece, 80mm set of fans. The 18 dBA that is noted is per fan at maximum RPM. SilenX has also included the specifications and compatibility listing on the fans as well. One thing that I see off the get go is that SilenX has no stickers on their fans that are displayed on their website. The Fans shown on site are also LED, which I do believe this set is not.
From the back of the box you can see the back of the fans and a sneak peak at the included goodies at the bottom as well.
After removing the fans from the snap together blister pack, this leaves just three fans and some extra wiring that is included along with the IXG-3F2.
You can see here that each fan has its own short 3-pin power lead. From the bottom the three tabs that lock the fan to the cooler are more easily seen. The small rectangular holes by the serrated edges I was on about earlier is where these three clips lock into place on the cooler. SilenX finishes off the fan mounting with a hard plastic tail to route the wire under to avoid any fan blade meets wiring mishaps.
The IXG-3F2 comes with a handy assortment of wiring. There is mainly the three way splitter for getting power to all three fans if needed in your installation. To the left and right of this are varying degrees of resistance built in to the wire, so you may lower the fan speeds from full without one, to adding one inline and lowering the overall voltage to the fan in two different stages. Every connection is 3-pin just like any fan header on a motherboard would supply.
There were no instructions provided with the fans, but I think this set up is pretty self-explanatory. The fans could go on either way, depending on how you're choosing to power this set-up. When you get them lined up with the punched holes in the fins, just press gently until you hear them click into place.
One thing I did run into was that the fans are not easily removed. They are locked on with all three tabs and are near impossible to remove without feeling like you are seriously going to damage either the product or yourself while doing so. Just as a word of advice, be sure you have the fans set the way you want them for the duration, as they aren't easily changed later on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The SilenX iXtrema Pro IXG-80HA2]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [The SilenX iXtrema Pro IXG-3F2 optional fan kit]
- Page 7 [The Card, Prep and Installation]
- Page 8 [Testing Results]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 could rock huge 6.66-inch display
- Cyberpunk 2077 team won't 'artificially' extend playtime
- Dell's 49-inch ultra-wide monitor rocks 5120x1440 resolution
- COD: Black Ops 4 emotes let gamers peak around corners
- Sony ramping up services framework for next-gen PS5
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon