Version and / or Patch Used: 1.2.0
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/pcmark05
The next test I ran on the computer was PCMark05. We always prefer to run PCMark Vantage at TweakTown, but Vantage doesn't support computers running Windows XP which is what the 1002HA uses.
PCMark05 is an application that simulates different types of workloads from editing graphics to watching video and all sorts of items in between. The long and rigorous test provides a simple score that is great for allowing direct comparison between different computers. The Eee 1002HA scored 1495 PCMarks on the test. That is an average score for the netbook class considering that all netbooks offer virtually the same specifications.
Version and / or Patch Used: 8
Developer Homepage: http://www.apple.com
Product Homepage: http://www.apple.com/itunes
Now we will get into the tests that will be of more interest to most people shopping for a new computer and show how well the system performs as a whole on common, real-world usage scenarios.
For the iTunes test I took a set of 12 MP3s and copied them into the latest version if iTunes. Once the tracks were in iTunes I used the software to convert them to AAC format and timed the process with a stopwatch. It took the modest 1002HA a full 22 minutes and 2 seconds to encode all of the tracks.
That number is vastly less than the performance you can expect from full notebooks. For example, the Alienware M15X (a much, much more powerful and expensive notebook) encoded the same MP3s in slightly under 6 minutes. However, as I stated before, the vast majority of netbooks on the market are running the same exact hardware so you can expect the 1002HA's score to be average for the netbook segment as a whole.
Version and / or Patch Used: 9
Developer Homepage: http://www.microsoft.com
If you are a fan of video content and want to encode something to be downloaded from the Internet or sent to your iPod or other device, the overall performance of your notebook or netbook will greatly affect how fast you can do this.
This test directly measures the performance of the computer systems for encoding video content using the free Windows Media Encoder application. The movie file I encoded in the test was a total of 45.32MB and took the 1002HA 26 minutes and 11 seconds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ex Nintendo CEO Reggie Fils-Aime blessed with retiring gifts
- Mortal Kombat 11 Switch gameplay trailer shows story mode
- Mortal Kombat 11 - Shao Kahn can taunt players 'You Suck!'
- Mortal Kombat 11 full roster revealed, 25 playable fighters
- Dennis Smith Jr. goes Mortal Kombat with Sub-Zero sneakers
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- BIOS settings CPU Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4, x470
- Cougar Vortex RGB HPB 120 PWM HDB Cooling Kit Review
- Reolink RLC-422 PoE Dome Camera Review
- Freeze Your Opponents On The Hardwood
- You Have Been Summoned to the Summoners War: Tour of Americas
- Egg-splosive Fun Cracks Open In Entropia Universe's Easter Mayhem 2019
- All content of Fishing Planet in a Premium Edition for consoles!
- Voiceover Legends And Console-Inspired Graphics Meet For Epic Battle In Overhit